OBD TOOL CHAT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autel 12+8 Adapter for 2018+ Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep

Go down

Autel 12+8 Adapter for 2018+ Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep  Empty Autel 12+8 Adapter for 2018+ Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep

Post by Admin Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:27 am

Using Autel FCA Chrysler 12 + 8 adapters working with Autel tools like MS906BT/ IM608, you can bypass Security Gateway Module (SGM) on Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Alfa 2018+ vehicles to perform active testing, special functions, reading, and erasing codes, Program fob key etc.

Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter

On newer vehicles like the 2019 Jeep Wrangler and many other Fiat Chrysler vehicles 2018 and up now come equipped with the SGM. As more and more vehicles become equipped with internet access, the OE manufacturer needed a way to be able to prevent outside intrusion. At the same time, it made it harder for the aftermarket tools to be able to access these systems and do day-to-day repairs that are necessary.

What can Autel 12+8 cable do?

The good news is Autel has offered a solution: FCA 12+8 Adaptor, which allows to:

Read/clear codes;
Perform active test;
View generic & manufacturer live data;
Perform TPMS OBDII relearn;
Coding and adaptations with MaxiSys tablet tools MS906BT+;
ADAS calibrations (requires MaxiSys ADAS software).
Can be used with Autel MaxiIM IM508, IM608

How to install Autel 12+8 cable?

Find out the security gateway module. Generally, it is installed below the dashboard.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 01

Remove the connector, and plug the 12+8 adapter instead.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 02

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 03

Connect the other side to OBD adapter of diagnostic scanner.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 04

Locating Autel 12+8 cable on a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica

Some people say the SGM is behind the video, it is not actually. It is inside the dashboard. You got to pull the panel out, you could just use like a peak tool or like a plastic one would be better, thus you won’t scratch off the sides. And the panel is connected with clips that you should remove.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 04

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 05

You’re gonna see a module right over here. Unplug the 2 plugs here, now you can plug the Autel Chrysler 12+8 connectors. The other side can connect to any OBD connector from Autel MaxiSys scanners(eg. MS908S Pro) to start reading & writing codes on this car.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 05

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 06

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 07

Locating Autel 12+8 cable on a 2018 Dodge Durango

The Chrysler requires a 12+8 adapter which is not as easy as the OBD2. The SGM is right in the circle I drew here. Remove the trim panel first, just one clip nice and easy. It is really tight to pull out and on the backside towards the driver’s side of the car.

There are no labels or anything that show you that’s the SGM connectors. But that’s definitely it and that’s what we had to do to get them plugged with 12+8 cable and post-scan done. So just want to share it.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 08

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 09

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 10

Locating Autel 12+8 cable on a 2018 Dodge Challenger

The SGM is right behind the radio, I had to pull this. Let the radio hang and then if you come up in here. The Autel Chrysler 12+8 connectors goes into this black box down here. You have to reach in and push to release and slide them out.

Now you can hook up the 12+8 cable. It took me a while to find it, it wasn’t even obvious once I got the radio out.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 11

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 12

Locating Autel 12+8 cable on a 2019 Jeep Renegade

To scan this car, you can’t use the OBD port, you actually have to connect this Chrysler 12+8 adapter to the gateway module connectors. As you can see, the gateway module is up there, I have it disconnected. So I just pulled the harness that was actually fairly easy. I thought I was gonna have to take apart some stuff but no, just pull out the connectors. And plug this 12+8 adapter into it. And that does the trick.

After that, connect it to the OBD adapter of Autel MaxiSys Elite, now I can scan.

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 13

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 14

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 16

Locating Autel 12+8 cable on a 2019 Dodge Charger

Autel IM608 works with 12+8 cable to program key fob on a 2019 Dodge Charger

How to use Autel Chrysler 12+8 Adapter 17

More any questions please contact us.

E-mail: Sales@AutelDiag.com
WhatsApp: +86-13372689373

https://www.auteldiag.com/

Admin
Admin